Ability to restore a window as hidden

• Feature Description:

My app today has a couple of different windows that can opened on demand. As I want the window to open right away when the user summons it, I first restore it on app start, then hide it. However, since both windows are set to show in the task bar, it shows a flickering there, which I would like to avoid.

See this thread for the full original discussion and a gif that illustrates the situation: Slack

Please also note that I’ve tried to move away from this idea and to simply close / restore the window as needed, but then there is a noticeable delay between the moment the user presses a button and the moment the window is visible.

• impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper].

mid

note for stuff: after FR is accepted, add a link to the internal ticket.

@sebastientromp can you please check the delay that you talked about on the new CEF version? (“there is a noticeable delay between the moment the user presses a button and the moment the window is visible”)

We did a couple of performance optimizations that may or may not improve this delay. I want to check if you can see an improvement in the delay.

@sebastientromp please try to:

1. call obtainDeclaredWindow() (instead of restore)
  2. hide the window
  3. and then restore it when needed

Please let me know if it solved the flickering task bar issue you had

1 Like

That seems to do the trick, thanks!
You can flag this as resolved for now, and I’ll update it if I see the flickering reoccur.

1 Like

And in fact it doesn’t work. Calling hideWindow after obtain seems to cause a flicker in the taskbar

ok, I understand, we’ll try to fix it on Overwolf version 143
@sebastientromp

1 Like

Fixed on version 142

FYI @eransharv

1 Like

@sebastientromp closing the ticket as it was fixed on v0.141.

Thanks,
Eran

1 Like