Ad space prevents MouseEvent from getting to it's target (hijacking)

Issue Description:
We have a dropdown menu for users to select something with a click.
This dropdown menu (when opened) overlaps the element containing an ad from the ow-ads-sdk.
When trying to click on something that is within the region of the ad, the click is hijacked by the ad, not going through to the desired element but instead opening the link on the ad-element.

I know about a hacky way to solve this with temporary classes that prevent mouse events on the ads-container while the cursor is above the deisred element, but it adds redundant complexity to the elements that temporarily overlap with ads and need mouse-interaction and to the developers ads-integration.

Any conventient workarounds available by now? (Last status from me is over a year ago, when this issue came along the first time)

Otherwise I will include my hackaround at a later time.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a Dropdown that opens on top of an ad-space, so that the ad-space is partially covered.
  2. try to click an element in the dropdown that is within the facility of the Ad-space

Expected result: Click goes through to the shown item
Actual result: Click is hijacked by the ad

Impact for my app: mid

Logs not applicable

Hi Jonas,
I couldn’t find any dropdown menus in the app that overlaps the ad.
can you provide me with a screenshot/Video that describes it?
it would be very helpful

Gil

Hey. We also fixed it with a hack, but according to the platform developers it is only needed in non-native windows.

I don’t have the exact code since I can’t find it, but this is what I remember:

1. Give the ad container element the following css: position:relative
  2. When the blocked element should be intractable, we add the following css on the pseudo element of the container:
&:before {
    content: "";
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    background-color: black;
    opacity: 0.01;
    z-index: 3000;
    pointer-events: none;
}

Note that the z-index should be higher than the ad container’s z-index

hope this helps

hi @Colorfulstan can you please update if that helped or any other update? so we can close this issue.