Add summoner spells as ability events

• Feature Description:
    Add ability events for summoner spells (Flash, Heal, Teleport, etc.) to overwolf.games.events for League of Legends.

• impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper].
    Mid

• What is your current pain point?
    Currently usage of summoner spells (not abilities) is only reflected in overwolf.games.inputTracking assuming the players kept the default keybindings. We would like to log when players use summoner spell abilities along with their basic QWER abilities.

• What do you have in mind to solve it?
    Not quite sure how overwolf captures abilities, but the champion ability events are numbered 1-4 and it would be great if a few more are added.

note for stuff: after FR is accepted, add a link to the internal ticket.

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, and then we’ll make a decision.

Usually, it takes a few days. We will update you here.

Thanks.

Hi @dannyao97,

There is the new RIOT live client API that going to supports these features.
Once it will be available and ready for our use, we will “wrap” it in out API and you will be able to use it.

@asaflivne FYI.

Thanks.

Hey I don’t believe the RIOT live client API provides this data. Could you reconsider adding this to the abilities event?

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally and let you know.

Thanks.

This info is available through the “live_client_data” feature (“all_players”)
https://overwolf.github.io/docs/api/overwolf-games-events-lol#live_client_data

Yes, that gives which summoner spell a player is using. But there’s no event fired when a player uses a summoner spell. I was envisioning you could add this functionality to the already existing “Abilities” Game Event, which works for champion abilities. It doesn’t include summoner spells though. This is what the original poster was referring to.

@thebeist checking and let you know. Thanks

We added this feature request to our backlog.
We don’t have an ETA, though, and that can take some time to implement and release. Thank you for your patience.
We will update you here once it is ready.

Thanks.