Any Overwolf windows (dev-tools, fps-counter, our App) are not shown above Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game client when it is in focus

Issue Description: Any Overwolf windows (dev-tools, fps-counter, our App) are not shown above Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game client when it is in focus
Steps to reproduce: Enable overlay for CODMW in the Overlay&Hotkeys settings. Launch the game. When the game is focused it is always above any other window.
Impact for my app: show-stopper
Logs are clear from errors.
logs.zip (3.4 KB)

We tested all of that with the different game id (Apex Legends) and everything went fine
p.s. ID for CODMW: 21626

Hi. We will check it tomorrow. Today we are on a local holiday. Thanks.

1 Like

log.zip has only 1 file. please zip again entire log folder:
%localappdata%\Overwolf\Log

Logs.zip

1 Like

Hey, it seems like the game was using the DirectX11 Graphics Library.
Please download the attached file and extract it’s contents to %localappdata%\Overwolf, and restart Overwolf and try again to see if it solves your issue.

GamesList.8963160.zip (433.0 KB)

2 Likes

It works now, Thanks! Is every user with the same problem will need to replace this file manually?

@1337 I’m glad that it worked! Thanks to a great job of the @Heaser

Is every user with the same problem will need to replace this file manually?

No. We will release a software update with this fix.

1 Like

For some reason, it stopped working (maybe after the last client update) and there is the same issue. The previous fix method is not working.
Logs

@1337 we are checking it. I will let you know.
@Heaser FYI.

1 Like

We’ll fix this issue ASAP

2 Likes

@1337 Hey,

So after re-checking it, it looks like we can’t reproduce it.
Can you please tell me the exact steps to reproduce?
Please make sure that you are working against the latest OW developers channel.

Thanks.

Overwolf windows are jut not going above the game window. Seems like event are also not working with the default events app
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkZH0G6rJrQ
When the game is focused they all are hidden from the desktop but not “sticked” on top of the game.

Reinstall of Overwolf does not help. On few other computers, it works fine

Can you please try on a borderless full screen?
Can you please attach your logs after you reproduce the issue?

yes, any other window mode has the same behavior. Windowed mode was used to better demonstrate the problem. Overwolf was just reinstalled to clear previous logs.
logs

@1337 can you please try launching Overwolf AFTER the game has started? (We’re trying to understand the reason for this rare issue)

Unfortunately, the behavior in that case is just the same.
Is there a way to rollback the Overwolf update on this PC because it was fine with the previous fix (on the same PC)

The answer is no; we can’t “downgrade” the OW on specific PC’s.
Is the issue only on a particular PC? for all the other users, everything is working as expected?

We did not have any similar reports about this issue so this might be some rare case. In case there will be more reports we will update about that.
Thanks!

1 Like