Apex Legends local_player_name missing from kill_feed

Sometimes (when user bleed’s out for example might be on others as well) the local_player_name is missing from the kill_feed event

example log line:

{"name":"kill_feed","data":"{\r\n  \"attackerName\": \"0Mandragor0\",\r\n  \"victimName\": \"Lcasm\",\r\n  \"weaponName\": \"Bleed Out\",\r\n  \"action\": \"Bleed Out\"\r\n}"}

I will check it and update you. Thanks.

Can you please tell me what exactly do you want to achieve?

Thanks,
Eran/.

@eransharv i’m using the killfeed to count how much kills with which “weapon” are made by the player. so im basically doing something like this:

if (local_player_name === attackerName) { //do stuff }

this works well for most weapons, but since local_player_name is not preset constitent this will not work for Bleed Out etc.

One of my goals is to make a chart on how much percentage of the kills a player made where caused by Bleed Out vs shooting them when downed

@mutschler,
Is this info is displayed in the game UI? as the API will give you only the names that are displayed in the game UI.

Thanks.

isn’t local_player_name supposed to be always the name of the player who’s playing (me).
attackerName and victimName are displayed in game but idk where local_player_name comes from in the first place… i thought that’s something you’ll append to the event on your side and just missed it on a few occasions.

According to the docs: https://overwolf.github.io/docs/api/overwolf-games-events-apex-legends#kill_feed it should be reported which it is for most of the weapons but not when the player is just bleeding out etc