Capture game sound only

Hello,
We are getting many requests from users to be able to capture only the game sound.
We are currently supporting 2 audio channels - main and mic.

If we’ll be able to capture only the game sound in the main channel that will be super valuable for our users and a big differentiator from other (non-Overwolf) game capturing apps.

To be clear - I am not asking for a separate channel per audio stream. Since we are injected to the game process we might be able to capture ONLY the game sound as an easier solution instead of multiple channels.

An optimal solution for us will provide a support for such a flag in the streaming API under the settings → audio.

Example scenarios:

• A user is playing a game and play some Spotify music in the background but wishes to capture only the game sound.
  • A user communicate with friends in discord and disabled the mic but still getting his friends chat recorded.

Thanks

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, and we will update you here.
It might take up to a few days.

Thanks.

1 Like

We added this feature request to our backlog for further discussion.
We don’t have an ETA, though, and that can take some time to implement and release. Thank you for your patience.
We will update you here once it is ready (or any other update).

Thanks.

Hi @eransharv,
Any updates about this request?

Thanks.

@Eyal hey.

I checked the status of it with the R&D, and unfortunately, there is no ETA yet.
It’s not categorized as a “short and easy” task to implement, so hopefully, we will have on Nov. 21 ETA for it.

Thanks.

Hi @eransharv,

We have a lot of users asking for this feature as well. I’ve briefly mentioned it to you before, but there was no ETA at the time too. Would there be an ETA soon?

Hi @eransharv,

Any news on this RFE?

Hey @eransharv - it would be great to get some update about this!

Hey, sorry for the (very) late response.

We are working on adding this ability at the moment and it will be released on Overwolf version 199.

3 Likes

@itayG - That’s exciting to hear that it will be available on version 199! Thanks for that update! :smile:

2 Likes