Dynamic window fitting content size

• Feature Description:
    A manifest option (e.g. “fitContent”) or a windows API to adjust current window size (height or width or both) to fit the content.

• impact for my app: mid

• What is your current pain point?
    I have some windows with dynamic content and with fixed windows height, changing the content scrollbars appears but i would to autoresize the window based on content (if needed)

• What do you have in mind to solve it?
    I’ve tried with auto adjusting the window size with windows API but with bad results.

@dowmeister our approach is that the content should fit the window and not vice a versa.

In general, the window API allows the change of the window size and position according to the DPI and resolution. Other than that, the developer usually finds it convenient to manipulate the content using CSS, etc.

BTW, we are always enhancing our windows API: here two examples from the last weeks:

I will forward your suggestion to our R & D and let you know if there will be any update.

BTW sorry about the late response - we are doing some changes in the work process, and I’ll hope it won’t happen again.

With your permission, I will close for now this ticket, and I’ll update it if necessary. Feel free to reply.

Thanks.

Yeah Eran, close it thanks

1 Like

Any update on R&D response?

No particular updates. Yet… There are planning and backlogs, but not something with an ETA.
Anyway. I will announce about any important changes in the changelog and the announcments channel.

1 Like