GEP not triggering kill events for certain user

Related Games: Apex Legends
Related app/team name: Predator
Issue Description: Kill events are not triggered for a certain user.
Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce): not reproducible on our machines.

GEP does not trigger kill\knockdown events for one of our users. had a look on his logs and i see this “unsupported HUD info” thing that keeps popping up on his log every time there should be an event.

(INFO) </games/apex_legends/plugin.js> (:107) - [APEX PLUGIN] Unsupported HUD info: [object Object] Unsupported centered message: Eliminated `1GuntherFNieDGGer.

(INFO) </games/apex_legends/plugin.js> (:107) - [APEX PLUGIN] Unsupported HUD info: [object Object] Unsupported centered message: Eliminated 1idontlikekids69. 316`2 Damage Inflicted.

added his logs file - a quick search for these strings (or part of it, like the eliminated player name) will jump you right into action… OverwolfLogs_2020-12-29_14-23-17 (1).zip (2.7 MB)

and the best part! you even have the video of that log :wink: so you can see the HUD message was there and actually looked fine.

Hi @boazrl ,

We found the bug, and we are discussing internally on the solution.
The root cause is the fact that you are using a French client. Can you please move to English client and re-check?

Thanks.

im not using the french client… my french client is using a french client :slight_smile:
ill ask him if he can jump ship - and im sure it will fix it :slight_smile:
can you please update me on the progress of the fix when possible?
thx for the super quick debug!
ill update you once i get his answer (he is a very communicative user, so it will be np)

1 Like