IO API: create a zip of a folder

I want to upload my app’s logs (to my own S3) when some kind of error is thrown inside the app.

Today I’m using a custom version of the simple-io plugin to zip the logs/MyApp folder, and I’m trying to move everything to the overwolf.io API. I’m starting to have a look at things like JSZip , but access to the file system remains complex without relying on plugins.

Would it be possible to provide this feature in the IO API? I.e. a function that takes a directory in input, and returns a Blob (or whatever) with the contents of the zipped folder?

Hi @sebastientromp,

We will discussed internally and let you know. There are a lot of options to solve this issue.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, I forgot to update that I pushed it to our backlog and once it will be ready, I will let you know. There is no ETA yet.

Thank you!
Eran

Hi @sebastientromp,

We are going to create this functionality in the new dev console. No ETA yet, though.
I can’t share too many details about it, but in general, this functionality will make this FR unnecessary.
Therefore, I will close this FR. If needed, we can reopen it in the future.

Thank you for your patience!

Hey eran,

Thanks for the update!
No worries, I managed to handle my use case with the existing API, so it’s all good on my side.
That said, I’m not sure I see how adding functionalities to the dev console would help in that case?

Cheers!
Seb