- Feature Description:Overwolf for mac OS
- impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper].
- What is your current pain point? i really want to use Overwolf, but i have a Mac so i cant use it.
- What do you have in mind to solve it?
Make Mac OS Version of Overwolf
note for stuff: after FR is accepted, add a link to the internal ticket.
Hi @chrskov, and welcome to our community! I’m glad that you like Overwolf, and you are right - Overwolf doesn’t have Mac and Linux supported versions. Unfortunately, supporting these OSs is not on our roadmap as for now. But it might be in the future.
Seems really nice tool. Thanks to advise wxhen available on MACOS and/or IOS. Much needed (e.g. a good deck tracker for Heartstone on IOS or Macos would be a must !!! and people (I am) OK to pay for it.
I 2nd or 1 millionth this request for MacOS/Linux support. Without it you are abandoning all the MacOS users that have been getting addons for years from CurseForge. I specifically use addons for WoW & Heathstone. Please let us now if/when you will provide support for MacOS.
Please do not abandon us.
I also 1 millionth this request. MTG Arena has just released for Mac OS and I’ve already gotten a half dozen questions from users “Are you going to support Mac?” or “When are you going to have a Mac version?”
Where should I send users to pass this feedback on @eransharv? I want to at least give them a way to formally request this from Overwolf instead of just saying, “No, we don’t care about you.”
I’m a macOS dev and offer addons via curse forge.
Im strongly suggesting you to create an open api for the addons, so we as community can create our own patcher.
Else (speaking for me only) I would need to abandon curse forge and switch to alternative platforms where the api is open or a macOS patcher will be available or just rent a server and host it myself.
b.t.w: Ignoring the Apple-World is simply stupid, but thats your business.
@HelgeBecker Thanks for the feedback. Let me discuss it internally and update you ASAP.
Hey @HelgeBecker, thanks for you comment!
- We’re currently handling the transfer from Twitch with minimal changes apart from several Ux/Ui features. Once CurseForge is up and running we will take it from there - this includes the API which we will have to figure whether it’ll be open or not.
- We will initially develop the app for Windows before executing for Mac/Linux environments.