Overwolf for mac OS

is it available yet? please email me when its ready:)

@Gilgi, please see @egorbystrof’s request.

1 Like

Hey @egorbystrof,
you’re welcome to have a look and try out the initial Beta :slight_smile: much work still to be done!

I have been testing the App Beta for there Mac since it first appeared.

I think it may still be refusing connection when started:

|default|07:12:14.912422-0800|AirPlayXPCHelper|Request: playbackState for origin-Washu.local-1280262988/client-com.overwolf.curseforge-(ID removed by me) (CurseForge)/player-MediaRemote-DefaultPlayer

|default|07:12:14.912868-0800|AirPlayXPCHelper|Response: playbackState returned for origin-Washu.local-1280262988/client-com.overwolf.curseforge-(ID removed by me) (CurseForge)/player-MediaRemote-DefaultPlayer in 0.0005 seconds

|default|07:12:14.913229-0800|mediaremoted|Setting cached activePlayerPath origin-Washu.local-1280262988/client-com.overwolf.curseforge-(ID Removed by me) (CurseForge)/player-MediaRemote-DefaultPlayer → origin-Washu.local-1280262988/client–0/player-(null)

@Gilgi @LEOkonami @Heaser Any suggestions?

No idea what I’m I looking at here… (are you talking about the last message?)

@LEOkonami, yes, I’m talking about the last message. I thought that maybe you know.
@Tenchima, can you please clarify and give us some context, what precisely the issue is, how to reproduce it. Add OW logs, please, if possible.

Thanks

Nope, no idea what is this

I have no context from the user what the problem is. Don’t have an answer, sry.
Maybe ask him to sent a ticket through out in-app system with more details.

OK.
System and OS
iMac Pro 2017
Processor: 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W
Memory: 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

Issue (As of today)
Boot system. Do not run any other applications. Download OverWolf CurseForge Beta for Mac.
Install and run.
See “Forging Your Library” Message.
Then get error message “Oops That was not supposed to happen”
If I hit Retry. I get the same message.

I am unable to locate any logs for the Application either on my system or inside the app itself.
If you can tell me where it would write them I will supply them.

If you would like me to create a ticket with In-App I will - however as it is Beta I thought I should start here.

-T.

@Tenchima Hi,

Actually, it’s better to create an in-app ticket for this issue - as it looks like an Overwolf client/app issue and less a developers issue like API, or API bug, etc.

Besides, the right logs will be added automatically to the ticket.

Thanks.

OK - Will do. However it will have to be done manually. The App does not fully start up so there is no option to initiate a ticket.

Thank you all for your time.

@Tenchima in that case, here is what you can do:

1. Reproduce the issue.
  2. Right-click on the OW client tray icon and choose “Support”.
  3. Click on the “Create logs zip”.
  4. Go to the support site, create a ticket, and attach the zip.

I am afraid it is not possible on a Mac.

This is all I get:

The client Icon in the Dock has no extra option to contact support or anything else apart from the normal Mac options.

@LEOkonami @Gilgi, any suggestion? I’m not familiar with the Mac version.
Can you please tell the dev how to create a support package? Logs zip. From mac.

This is the path for the curseforge logs directory in Mac
Gilgamesh to be replaced with his username of course

2 Likes