Overwolf made MatchID is not the same through API

I’ve tested this on LoL :

overwolf.media.replays.onHighlightsCaptured event give us an highlight with a match_internal_id attribute.

This ID is internal to OW, as its name implies.

However, for the same match, the game.event.match_info event has a pseudo_match_id, also internal to OW, that is different from the previous shown ID.

If they are referring to the same match, why both ID are different ?

If they are not refering to the same thing (which doesn’t make sense IMO), what does the match_internal_id from overwolf.media.replays.onHighlightsCaptured comes from ?

Hi,

The internals ID’s usually used for internal reasons. You should not use them to identify the players that were in the same match. For that, there are better options, depends on the game. For example, the roster event.

Can you please tell us what exactly you are trying to achieve? Do you have any particular issues?

Thanks.

Hi,

Maybe an example will be more understandable, :

• I’m playing a LoL game with my OW app running (but it is the same problem with other games)
  • My app use the GEP and catches game.event.match_info with a pseudo_match_id attribute that has a value X.
  • My app is also recording highlight, and a overwolf.media.replays.onHighlightsCaptured event is triggered, returning a replay object, that contains an attribute match_internal_id that has a value Y

Both pseudo_match_id and match_internal_id refer to the same match that is happening on my computer, from the same OW app instance, yet they have differents values.

Why is that ?

The issue here is data inconsistency, out of the box, we can’t link a replay to a match because what should be the same ID (from my understanding) isn’t.

Best regards,

hi @Sorikairox,

First of all, you should not use the match_internal_id from the onHighlightsCaptured event.
It would be best if you used instead in the match_id field - as this field should be equal to the pseudo_match_id from the matchInfo.

This is the right way to know which highlights belong to the same match.

One problem… in LOL, and just in LOL, the behavior is a little bit different - as it was one of the first games that we supported: in LOL, the match_id from the onHighlightsCaptured event is the genuine match id from RIOT. It’s not equal to the pseudo_match_id

So if you don’t want to wait for our fix (it can take up to one month) - you can get the genuine RIOT match id from the matchState feature.

I hope that everything is clear and makes sense.

@eransharv

“I hope that everything is clear and makes sense.” It does, thanks for the explanation. I’ll work to get that in the doc somewhere/put an highlight object definition at the same time. Two birds with one stone. :slight_smile:

However, about the

First of all, you should not use the match_internal_id from the onHighlightsCaptured event.
It would be best if you used instead in the match_id field - as this field should be equal to the pseudo_match_id from the matchInfo.

It sadly isn’t the case I have two different value:

pseudo_match_id: "d9f0f41c-937d-4287-b4a0-c4dade3f5a63" //from info update
match_id: "4306976714" //from highlight

@Sorikairox i added a note about LOL:

so to solve that, you can get the genuine RIOT match id from the matchState feature.
This way you can find which highlights belong to a specific match.

@eransharv You’re right, sorry about that.