Rainbow Six Siege- Add events for match start & match end

I would like to request support for match start & match end events for Rainbow Six Siege.

Outplayed uses these events in order to start/stop recording in a generic way.

@itayG @Shargaas do we have a workaround here for match start & match end?

@eransharv I mean for starters we have matchOutcome info which can be used to determine the end of the game.

Regarding match_start I believe that between each matches roster event is being cleared, and we can determine the start of match when roster start filling up because that’s the indication of when a match was found (also following round 1 can be a possibility).

maybe @itayG can verify my suggestions.

If not, I suppose we might need to develop this with Ivan’s help.

[quote=“Shargaas, post:3, topic:729”]
Regarding match_start I believe that between each matches roster event is being cleared, and we can determine the start of match when roster start filling up because that’s the indication of when a match was found (also following round 1 can be a possibility).
[/quote
@shir.brass please tell me what you think about Shargaas suggestions. Are these workarounds can work for you? BTW, what are your current workarounds for the above?

Indicators of start of a match
info.round.number == 1

Indicators of end of a match
info.round.number == null

info.player.team == null

info.match_info.game_mode== "NONE"

(info.match.score.blue + info.match.score.orange) == 9

( Math.max(info.match.score.blue, info.match.score.orange) >= 4 && Math.abs(info.match.score.blue - info.match.score.orange) > 1

2 Likes

@eransharv We do have a workaround (very similarly to what @Bl0n suggested), but this is a request for simpler support.

Assuming that all I care for is match start & match end it’s a rather big overhead to listen to 5 fields in various modes and combos in order to decipher whether my match has ended or not (based on the fact that you do provide this service for other games without “workarounds”)

1 Like

@shir.brass @Bl0n I added this FR to our backlog. Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah, none of the above mentioned indicators for the end of a match are 100% reliable anymore, now that Ubisoft has implemented Match Cancelling as a new feature in the game.

I think there’s still the option of listening for the local player’s roster_XX event, and tracking when that turns null. I’ll be looking into that later today.

Basically, when a match is cancelled and the player clicks ‘stay with team’, there is no gamemode change to indicate this, which makes it difficult to know whether they are halfway through an action phase, or in matchmaking looking for a new match.

Good Morning :slight_smile:
Any update about this FR?

1 Like

The existing method for finding match_start and match_end equivalents seem to be less and less reliable now… (also as @Bl0n stated)

I’m not saying that we need it ASAP, but it could be lovely to know that it’s prioritized higher :slight_smile:
Rainbow six Siege is one of our top games so it’s pretty important to us

2 Likes

Yeah I agree it is getting more and more unreliable.

@Bl0n @shir.brass we will put it in higher priority, and update you here. thanks.

1 Like

@eransharv any update?

1 Like

@shir.brass working on it. It’s in high priority on our backlog. I will update you with an ETA very soon.

Thanks.

1 Like

@eransharv any update on ETA?

1 Like

@shir.brass checking and let you know.

Thanks.

1 Like

roster_0 no longer changes to NULL inbetween matches since GEP v159.2.9 or v159.2.10.
That was pretty much the last reliable way of recognizing the end of a match.

This should now be a top priority issue!

1 Like

It appears this is the issue:

The GEP says it’s a “team change” where before it would show it as a “player joined”.

We are currently working on adjusting the new fixed plugin, I’ll update you once we release it @Bl0n

@itayG will it include match_start & match_end events for rainbow six siege?

1 Like