[Rocket League] Add event for "Point Actions

Related Games: Rocket League
Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private): RocketAnalyst

Feature Description:

Add a new Event to Rocket League API that fires when the player gains points following an action. An action is displayed to the player in two different ways:
- In the center of the screen, and is only visible to the player that made the action:
Center Screen
- In the corner of the screen, and appears for all players present in the game:
Corner Screen

Workaround

While this feature is a blocker for my app, it’s possible to get at least some information out of the score event, but the system quickly finds its limits, as some actions share the same number of points gained.

Impact for my app

The impact for my app is high, as it blocks parts of the scope of what I wanted to do initially.
The main objective was to get the repartition of shoots, center ball, and Clear ball per teammate.

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, and then we’ll make a decision.

Usually, it takes a few days. We will update you here.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @redblueflame,

Can you please provide a prioritized list of “point action” events in case we won’t be able to extract them all as a single event.

Thanks.

Hi @eransharv !
The main events that are needed are the following:

• Center Ball (Only available for the local player)
  • Shoot on Goal (Only available for the local player)
  • Clear Ball (Only available for the local player)
  • Aerial Goal
  • Save
  • Epic Save

All the others aren’t really needed, and will be grouped into another category using the points difference.

1 Like

@redblueflame thanks for the info. We will discuss that internally and let you know.

Hi @redblueflame,

We added it to our backlog. We don’t have an ETA, though, and that can take some time to release. But we will update you here once it is ready.

Thanks!