- Feature Description: Request to add support for the browser to work with widevine to allow DRM-safe media streaming, including streaming form Netflix or Spotify to an app.
- Impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper]. show-stopper (I tried making a music player)
- What is your current pain point? I can’t stream spotify media into the app.
- What do you have in mind to solve it?
Perhaps in the future when the chromium (or other) browser used to run Overwolf apps is updated, it could be considered to add widevine support as a plugin.
– support for DRM can easily be tested in https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm
– Chromium browser lacks Widevine module https://www.andreafortuna.org/2019/09/24/how-to-install-latest-widevine-plugin-on-chromium/