Support for DRM Media (widevine)

• Feature Description: Request to add support for the browser to work with widevine to allow DRM-safe media streaming, including streaming form Netflix or Spotify to an app.
  • Impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper]. show-stopper (I tried making a music player)
  • What is your current pain point? I can’t stream spotify media into the app.
  • What do you have in mind to solve it?
    Perhaps in the future when the chromium (or other) browser used to run Overwolf apps is updated, it could be considered to add widevine support as a plugin.

Other references:
– support for DRM can easily be tested in https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm
Chromium browser lacks Widevine module How to install latest Widevine plugin on Chromium | Andrea Fortuna

Thanks

Got it. I will check it tomorrow, though. Thanks for the patience!

Eran

@TastySpaceApple We added it to our backlog. We don’t have an ETA, though, and that can take some time to release. But we will update you here once it is ready.

Thanks!

Hi. Unfortunately, we will have to dismiss this request due to technical reasons.
You can host it on your OPK, though:
Widevine CDM for Chromium integration will not give you VMP certification, so it will have some limitations in playing premium video content from some providers. I believe it should be more than enough for the needs you described.

Thanks