TFT Game Events not registering correctly for user

I have a user with a problem with TFT Game Events. The launcher events are set correctly and respond with this:
launcher setRequiredFeatures success {"success":true,"status":"success","supportedFeatures":["end_game","game_info","lobby_info","game_flow"]}

The game events say they are set correctly and respond with this:
game setRequiredFeatures success: undefined
but no game events actually fire during the match.

Here’s the code that sets both features:

// Set Launcher Features
		function setFeatures() {
			console.log('setFeatures')
			overwolf.games.launchers.events.setRequiredFeatures(
			  g_interestedInFeatures,
			  function(info) {
				if (info.status === "error") {
					console.log("launcher setRequiredFeatures error, retrying: " +  info.reason);
					window.setTimeout(setFeatures, 2000);
					return;
				}
				else {
					console.log("launcher setRequiredFeatures success: " + JSON.stringify(info));
					registerEvents();
				}
			  }
			);
		}
		// Set Game Features
		function setGameFeatures() {
			console.log('setGameFeatures')
			overwolf.games.events.setRequiredFeatures(g_interestedInGameFeatures, function(info) {
				if (info.status === "error") {
					console.log("game setRequiredFeatures error, retrying: " +  info.reason);
					window.setTimeout(setGameFeatures, 2000);
					return;
				}
				else if (info.status === 'success') {
					console.log("game setRequiredFeatures success: " +  info.reason);
				}
			});
		}

Hi @jjps , and thanks for the feedback.

We will check it at the beginning of the next week.
I will update you here.

Thanks.

Got another user with the exact same issue. I’ve attached their logs.OverwolfLogs_2020-06-25_12-29-41.zip (595.9 KB) Any updates?

@jjps I will try to get back to you ASAP with updates.

@jjps hi, we can see the events in your logs:

app.html.zip (33.1 KB)

Can you please check it with the launcher sample app? https://github.com/overwolf/lol-launcher-sample-app

I attached the launcher event provider log. please change the file extension to log.

The launcher events are not the issue, it’s the game events. Or am I misunderstanding your request? And this doesn’t happen to everyone. It’s a tiny subset of users.

Got another user with the issue. Asking for logs. Any updates? Just to reiterate, the launcher events are not the issue, it’s the game events.

Got the logs from the user. Same exact problem. OverwolfLogs_2020-06-29_21-55-35.zip (2.8 MB)

@jjps Thanks. We are checking it.

@jjps we checked your logs and it looks ok. Is it possible to contact one of the users to try reproducing it on their machine?

@eransharv Sure thing!

Here is the discord of the latest user with the issue: BovineJoni#6960

He works as a dev so it’s very easy to work with him and he’s super friendly and patient. Hopefully we can get the bottom of the issue this way.

Here’s his logs as well:OverwolfLogs_2020-07-15_11-22-04 (1).zip (1.5 MB)

Just to clarify, issue is with game events. You can see the console logs for the features registering for game events, but then almost none of them fire during the game.

Thanks!

@jjps OK we will contact him and update you. Thanks.

An update: I’m closing this ticket as I understand that you discussed that offline with our team, and it was self-healed after OW reinstall. Please feel free to re-open it and mention it to me as needed.

Thanks.