Windows on Wide screen have height higher than normal and resets position on restore

Finally! Thanks Eran! thank you so much!

2 Likes

Today, after the release, a user reported this

Time 01:00 . the window start resizing in width. And again larger at the end of the video.
The game window is on a 4K Wide TV Monitor

How is possible that the window start enlarging in width with this code?

var contentHeight = $('main').outerHeight() + 20;
var windowHeight = window.innerHeight;

if (contentHeight != windowHeight) {
  overwolf.windows.getCurrentWindow(currentWindow => {
    overwolf.windows.changeSize({ window_id: currentWindow.window.id, width: currentWindow.window.width, height: contentHeight, auto_dpi_resize: false }, () => { });
  });
}

@dowmeister Hi,

It’s on the R&D backlog and we will check and fix it as necessary on the next iteration. We will add this info to the bug.

Thanks

Hi,
What triggers this code? Is it a timer/event?

@tom.wolf is the componentDidUpdate react method inside the GameInfo component. The state is updated continuosly while in-game due to telemetry data sent via EventBus

@dowmeister the “window doesn’t keep position between sessions” issue was fixed for Overwolf version 166

@dowmeister Just adding that we expect to release v0.166 to the dev channel in 1-2 weeks.

@eransharv @itayG @tom.wolf thanks!

Also this Windows on Wide screen have height higher than normal and resets position on restore - #27 by dowmeister as been fixed?

@dowmeister you put a link of the same ticket.

Discuss don’t want to paste the correct link…
is the comment no 22

@dowmeister sorry, I can’t find it. As probably the counting, it’s different for me - I see also “hidden” comments that you can’t see… You can remove the link from it while you edit your comment. Or - you can send it to me through DM here or in slack.

Sorry @eransharv , i meant this comment

@dowmeister, before diving into the above bug that you mentioned, is it reproducible on the newest dev channel version? Also, please confirm that the original issue is resolved.

Have to try yet on 166 if the original issue has been fixed.

about the horizontal resize bug, I’ve never managed to reproduce it unfortunately

Just to update you on this, with latest Overwolf client releases seems the problem has been mitigated and with the option i’ve added “auto resize overlay” - the one adjust the window height to the content -
users now are happy about it.

I’m still receiveing few reports, a couple per week about “windows dont maintain the position” but they fix using the auto resize option.

Thanks for the update!