Apex Legends include weaponName on damage/kill/knockdown/assist event

Feature Description:
would it be possible to report the used weapon inside the damage/kill/knockdown/assist event

while it is somehow possible to get weaponNames for kill/knockdown when also watching for the kill_feed end double checking targetName/action and copy it over it would be a lot less hustle if the event just includes the weapon directly.

AFAIK there is currently no way to get the weaponName for the weapon used in damage events

impact for my app: mid
What is your current pain point?
When damage event is fired there is no weaponName (used weapon)

{"name":"damage","data":"{\r\n  \"targetName\": \"Gibersider\",\r\n  \"damageAmount\": \"11.000000\",\r\n  \"armor\": \"false\",\r\n  \"headshot\": \"false\"\r\n}"}

What do you have in mind to solve it?
append the used weapon/equipment to the data array:

{"name":"damage","data":"{\r\n  \"targetName\": \"Gibersider\",\r\n  \"damageAmount\": \"11.000000\",\r\n  \"armor\": \"false\",\r\n  \"headshot\": \"false\"\r\n, "weaponName": "usedWeaponName"}"}

note for stuff: after FR is accepted, add a link to the internal ticket.

Hi, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, and then we’ll make a decision.

Usually, it takes a few days. We will update you here.

Thanks.

hi,

You can use the inventory feature to find which weapons are in use.

Please tell us if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

Thanks for the hint using Inventory/inUse for that as well which seems to work for most of the Guns however for grenades and ultimate abilities that doesn’t seem to work since afaik the weapon im using switches between throwing the grenade und the actual damage being reported

Can you reproduce this scenario and send us the logs?

From a quick search through my eventlogs:
The events where reported like this:

{
    "info": {
      "me": {
        "inUse": "{\"inUse\":\"Frag Grenade\"}"
      }
    },
    "feature": "inventory"
},
{
    "info": {
      "me": {
        "inUse": "{\"inUse\":\"Peacekeeper\"}"
      }
    },
    "feature": "inventory"
},
{
    "name": "damage",
    "data": "{\r\n  \"targetName\": \"G3konchik\",\r\n  \"damageAmount\": \"39.000000\",\r\n  \"armor\": \"true\",\r\n  \"headshot\": \"false\"\r\n}"
}
{
    "name": "damage",
    "data": "{\r\n  \"targetName\": \"G3konchik\",\r\n  \"damageAmount\": \"8.000000\",\r\n  \"armor\": \"true\",\r\n  \"headshot\": \"false\"\r\n}"
}

Note: the first damage event (39.00000) was when the grenade went of the second one was with the weapon (peacekeeper)

If you’ll need more info i’ll try to reproduce this again