Apex Legends - Killed and received a Healed from Ko

Related Games: Apex LEgends
Related app/team name (not a must if you want to keep it private):
Issue Description:
Can you reproduce it (exact steps to reproduce): Play the game, get killed and not knocked-down and check logs. When killed, you’ll that a healed_from_ko is sent before the killed event.
Impact for my app: We can’t add Apex to our app as a supported game as the fact of dying is compromised with a heal event .

Do you currently have a workaround?
No

OverwolfLogs_2020-11-25_11-52-24.zip (574.2 KB)

@Gimbl-Dan I will check it and let you know ASAP.

Thanks

@Gimbl-Dan unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce:

Every time I’m killed from the knockdown, I get the regular death event. No healed_from_ko.
Can you please make sure that your OW client is up to date and the issue is reproduced all the time?

Thanks

Dear @eransharv

Here is the bug reproduced.

OverwolfLogs_2020-12-01_18-19-25.zip (708.5 KB) APEX LOGS.txt.zip (4.2 KB)

Hey,

We tried to reproduce this on our end and this event is working as intended from our tests.

Could you please take the attached plugin and insert it with the following instructions:

1. Go to Overwolf settings
  2. Click the About tab
  3. Go to Development Options
  4. Find Overwolf General GameEvents Provider and click on its UID
  5. Go to folder 64/plugins and paste the attached plugin, overriding the existing one.
  6. Try to reproduce this issue and once it happens again to you, you open the Overwolf logs folder and find gep_plugin.log
  7. Send us that log file in this ticket

gep_apex.zip (285.8 KB)

OverwolfLogs_2020-12-02_16-54-01.zip (878.6 KB)

Here you will find your logs after proceeding to the steps you have mentioned. Still I see a heal_from_ko triggered when I was never healed.

The issue is that in this particular game you can die multiple times:
Knocked down phase: You crawl for a precise amount of time until someone revives you
Respawn box: If no team member is reviving you, you appear as a box and then one person of your team has to take the box and go to a point in the map to respawn the person.
Death: You die automatically if all your team members are knocked down or if the time has expired to revive or respawn a team member.

In the logs you’ll find 3 games:
Game 1: I was knocked down, someone attempted to revive me and then I died because all my team members died.
Game 2: I was knocked down, my respawn box appeared but no one picked it up to respawn myself.
Game 3: I have revived a team member and then I was knocked down. No has tried to revive or respawn myself as they have died seconds after.

I have recorded my games if it can help you guys.

Sorry if I’m a bit pushy but it’s important to us and we want to make sure it can or can’t be fixed so we can either move on or do the necessary fix for it to work.

תודה לכם חברים

1 Like

@Shargaas your prompt action will be highly appreciated.

I’ll take a look at the logs together with our devs and hopefully we’ll find the issue and update you soon

@Shargaas & @eransharv Thanks for your help. Looking forward to your solution :wink:

@Gimbl-Dan you mentioned you have a clip of this.

Any chance you can send it over to us?

@eransharv Yes, can you give me an email ,I’ll do a we transfer because the footage is large even by compressing the video

@Gimbl-Dan, sure. sent my email and @Shargaas on a private message here.

Just updating for the record that the issue was solved on slack.
Closing the ticket.
Thanks.