Make morematch info available as info events

• Feature Description:

Rocket League 1v1 matches can have all sorts of mutators enabled, from slow motion to low gravity to the ball being square. RL also supports several different game modes, all which differ greatly from the standard mode. To know that one player beat another, which is what the events can provide now, is essential, but so is the ability to know under which terms. In our app, everyone should be expecting to play standard matches with no mutators (or perhaps they can agree on the mutators together and we can verify they match). If a match is played with mutators which don’t match the expectation, we need to know that.

• impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper].

This is a show stopper, since we can’t trust players to create a standard match; we need to know from Overwolf.

• What is your current pain point?

We need to know:

1. The game mode (Soccar, Hoops, Hockey, Dropshot, etc)
  2. Mutator settings

It would be very helpful to also know:

1. The arena used for the match
  2. The region used for the server
  • What do you have in mind to solve it?

Please add a new info update which includes all of the mutators enabled, the current game mode, the server region, and the current arena.

note for stuff: after FR is accepted, add a link to the internal ticket.

Hi @jeaye, and thanks for the feedback.

We will discuss the matter internally, and then we’ll update you.

Usually, it takes a few days. We will update you here.

Thanks.

@itayG adding you to the discussion.

Hey, we added these request to our backlog. We will update you once done.

@jeaye regarding the game modes (Soccer, Hoops, Hockey, Dropshot, etc.) - they are available.
I know that on the docs, we added a note that said that it’s not available, but it’s not updated. We will change it.

You can find it here:
https://overwolf.github.io/docs/api/overwolf-games-events-rocket-league#gamemode-note

regarding all the other feature requests: I will update you today.

@eransharv Thanks for the update. Please, as it’s very important to us, ensure that the game mode information is available in private matches. I believe OW provides less info for private matches.

Example relevant events from OW:

{"info":{"matchInfo":{"matchType":"Private"}},"feature":"match"},
{"info":{"matchInfo":{"gameType":"Private Match"}},"feature":"match"},

Hey guys. It’s been another month and OkLetsPlay has launched with its real money support, even without this ticket being addressed. However, that puts us at serious risk, since anyone can try to game thr system by setting up matches of different game types, or with crazy mutators enabled, to ensure their win. Now it means people are losing real money, all because we can’t know whether or not the match created is what it was meant to be.

To make matters worse, once a player joins, they can’t just leave, since that’s considered a forfeit. So players can get trapped into needing to play a different game mode (like hoops with low gravity) instead of standard Rocket League.

This is a serious issue and it will spell the demise of any apps relying on Overwolf for anything consequential, like our real money matches. Please address this and let me know how I can help; literally, if you want us to help you work on this code, that’s something we can discuss.

We need this feature.

@jeaye we released it today.

Fixed in GEP 147.0.27 @ Apr. 4

New info updates:

• server_info
  • mutator_settings
  • arena

Closing this ticket. thanks.