We want to introduce some editing features to Outplayed that will require a library such as FFmpeg:
- Extract an image from video
- Add/remove sound from video
- Exact clipping and merging
Since FFmpeg is quite large and using it in JS / C# is not trivial, it would be great to get access to the library directly from OW instead of importing and integrating with it in the app for the following reasons:
- Download size for the app will increase dramatically
- Integration is not trivial, and can be useful for many apps
The access to the FFmpeg library could be done via:
- Wrapping each functionality specifically - this might be tedious + overhead as each app might have different requirements
- Exposing a direct library control by passing the commands to the wrapper - this will require app devs to know how to handle FFmpeg, but will provide max freedom
- Other options?
As I am not sure what is possible / easy / hard this is a start of a discussion - any alternative approaches are welcomed.