- Feature Description:The feature request is referring to the following API: https://overwolf.github.io/docs/api/overwolf-media-replays
Allow to pass param to capture camera input in a similar way as mic can be captured.
Capturing camera input is a common use case when capturing game play with OBS, usually used by streamers…
HOWEVER having it stored to an extended video file is not something that is usually done, the main use case is having the camera on top of the game play video.
Since we want to allow the users to choose post game, if they want their reaction on the specific gameplay or not, this behavior is not what we are after. Instead we need the following behavior which is supported by OBS:
- Double the width of the OBS canvas and output file, meaning the resolution for FHD highlight should be 3840 X 1080
- Place the camera input on one half of the extended video and the gameplay on the other half.
Bonus (all dreams come true request): Assuming that after recording with OBS the API already runs certain manipulations on the video with ffmpeg, it would be helpful having this extended video file being saved into 2 separate (but perfectly synced) video files of 1920 X 1080 each, by cropping the extended file with ffmpeg.
- impact for my app: [low, mid, high, show-stopper]. mid
- What is your current pain point? We are after creating gaming clips full of personality with 0 effort from the user’s end, we are missing the gamer’s face while playing the game and reacting on it.
- What do you have in mind to solve it? OBS is already running in the background recording the game highlights, having use’rs face footage in perfect sync with the gameplay (since it was recorded by the same OBS process) will allow us to create clips full of personality with maximum ease.